Friday, September 2, 2011

12 weeks

In medical terms 12 weeks is supposed to be the magic number.  The 'safe' number.  The time in a pregnancy when if you made it this far... the chances of miscarriage become considerably smaller.  The time when most pregnancy books advise you that it is SAFE to tell friends and family of your new addition to your family.

In my experience... 12 weeks is when it all started to turn bad.  Up until 12 weeks I seemed to be having a 'normal' pregnancy with my son.  And then BAM!  I suddenly became 'at risk'.  The bleeding started.  Lots and lots of bleeding.  The diagnosis of a subchorionic hemmorhage... and it all started AFTER that 'safe' point.

Today, I am once again at that 'safe point'  and nervous as hell.    I continue to pray for this child, who is already so loved, cherished, desired and wanted...Please GOD, protect my child.  Keep my child healthy and safe. 

5 more days until my next OB appointment.  Fingers crossed that there are no issues between now and then, and that my mind will be set at ease with an ultrasound next week.  If this is when the hemmorhage  was detectable with Sebastion, I think it would be a good idea to know if it will happen again. 

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you and this precious little one. I hope that your ultrasound will help ease the worries at least a little. I am praying that absolutely everything looks prefect! God bless you and this precious baby!
    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete