Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Doctor's visit

On monday I went back to the OB for a 3 week follow up appointment.  This time I did not have any one to watch Liliana so she had to go with me.  When I told her that mommy had to go see the doctor she quickly responded with "do you have to go get your boobs checked again mommy?"  Haha.  Such a cute kid she is.  I told her "no...this time mommy needs to go have her belly checked out."  And left it at that.
When we arrived at the doctor's office, the waiting room was quite filled.  My appointment was set for 10:15, we walked in at 10:16, because in my life, I can't seem to be on time for anything.  We sat in waiting as one by one each and every person in the room was called back, until finally, we were the only 2 people left.  Once I realized that we were all alone, I was struck with a moment of panic. I looked at my phone to check the time...it was after 11.  Gasp.  Are they saving me for last for a reason?!  Am I about to be told some extremely bad news and they don't want to freak anyone else out?!  Just as the thoughts had passed through my mind the door opened and in walked a very full baby belly.  A sigh of relief.  I was no longer alone.  It pisses me off that I have those moments of panic for no reason at all.   A few minutes later, my name is called and we are on our way.
As the nurse is weighing me in (I lost a pound!:))  Dr S walks through the hall and notices Liliana.  He was amazed at how tall she is, asks her age... "3!" she proclaims...and he insist that she could pass for 5...perhaps even 6 at her height.  She giggles and makes her sheepish face as she touches her chin to her chest in shyness.
Into the exam room we go.  The nurse ask the usual questions...any pain? cramping? bleeding?  Yes. No. No.  My back and hips have been bothering me quite a bit, the occasional headaches... aside from that... not so bad.  She takes my blood pressure as Lily explains to me:  "Mommy, it's going to get real tight, but it's not so bad, it will be ok."  118/64.  Good. 
Time for a urine sample.  Trying to explain to a 3 year old why mommy has to pee in a cup is a bit comical.  "Well, momma!  Do I have to pee in a cup too?!"  No sweetie... "Good!  Cuz I DON'T  WANNA!"
Back to the exam room where miss Lily becomes the entertainment spinning in the dr's chair.
Finally, the Doc comes in to greet us.  Asks me how I'm feeling, makes a little small talk, and then states that he is going to check and see if he can find the baby's heartbeat.    At this point, I am just over 9 weeks, so the chances of actually hearing the heart beat are slim, but he wants to check anyway.  "Please do not panic if we don't have any luck, you are still very early," he says.  Lily stops in her tracks when she sees the doppler touch mommies belly, and asks "Are you ok mommy?"  Yes baby, mommy is fine:)  He tries for a few minutes and then decides that today is not the day.  He then takes a seat and scans through his laptop checking all the results of the testing he had ordered 3 weeks prior.  "Normal, normal, normal... levels are in good range, normal, good, good.  All of your testing looks good, every thing came back normal.  And the scans from the ultrasound look good as well."  So far so good.  That is what I like to hear.  I go back  a week from friday in hopes that by then we will be able to hear the baby's heartbeat with the doppler:)  At that point, I will be 11 weeks... fingers crossed.
Thanks for all the prayers!  They are helping so far:)

No comments:

Post a Comment