Thursday, July 28, 2011

Insult or Intuition?

We ventured out to the county fair last night with our daughter.  This was the first year that she was able to ride on some of the rides... and boy oh boy did she have fun!  Our little girl is growing up!  It makes me proud to watch her do new things, and a little sad at the same time.  Before becoming a mother I never realized the multitude of the statement "they grow up so fast!"  And now it slaps me in the face on a daily basis.
Last years pony ride.
The fair for me was a bit bittersweet.  At this time last year, I was 5 months pregnant with Sebastion.  We have photos of Lily riding a pony for the first time, at the age of 2, with me walking along beside her, baby in belly.  These are the last photos I have of me pregnant with our little angel.  At least the last photos of him kicking around in my belly.
So to do the same thing again one year later, only this time with a precious little rainbow... made me think.  A lot.  About the trials and tribulations over the past year, and about how blessed we are to get another chance.  Thank you god!

Before the evening was over, we ran into an old 'friend' that we hadn't seen in nearly a year.  We have lost touch with her since the split between her and her Ex.  Her Ex is actually still a good friend of ours, who has gone on to have another child with his current girlfriend.  This 'friend' went a little crazy and spent some time in a mental institution... no joke.  I do not have time in my life for the drama that she carries, may sound harsh, but it is true.  Moving on... she was attending the fair with her 13 year old son who looked at me and said... "You look like your pregnant again!"  making the rounding handmotions over his own belly to indicate a baby bump.  At first I smiled, and then I nudged his mother and stated... "your son just called me fat!"  Yes, I know that I am pregnant... but at 7 weeks, it is not obvious!  Yes... I could have stood to lose say about 20-30 pounds after the loss of our son, but, I've been in a bit of a depressive state, and to be honest, the way I look was one of my last concerns... In the past year I have only had my hair trimmed once.  I just plain and simply haven't cared.  But, seriously 'friend'... teach your kid some fucking respect!  At the age of 13 you should truly know better than to say something like that to a woman who not even a year ago, lost a child.  And YES he knows that we lost a child, his father came to the funeral. We still have not shared our news, so I know that he wasn't stating a fact... just plain being rude.

Ok. Rant. Finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment